As the holidays quickly approach, it is time to get into the giving mindset! While we will most likely be receiving a lot of gifts at this time, nothing allows us to feel better than giving to others. Aside from giving to our friends and families, it is important to remember to give back to your community, and the rest of the world! If you need a little help getting your charitable juices flowing, take a look at these suggestions:
- Listen to your passions! If there is an area you are already passionate about, try giving back to it. Let’s say you love children- think about finding a non-profit organization that gives clothes and toys to little ones who are less fortunate.
- When you do locate a charity you are interested in, make sure to learn more about where your donation goes, and how it works to benefit the cause. Some charities are more efficient, and ethical than others.
- After donating, be sure to check up on the charity for the following year. You want to make sure that they are using the gifts appropriately, and are producing results! If they are not, you may want to look for a different charity.
- If you do not have the time to donate to a charitable organization, consider giving a portion of your paycheck to a charity. Even a small donation can make a huge difference in someone’s life!
- If you are tight on money, consider giving some of your unused, or unneeded items to a shelter. Without a doubt, there are many people who would benefit from your old possessions.
If you are interested in expert escrow advice, please do not hesitate to contact the professionals at Brighton Escrow, located in Hermosa Beach!