Enjoy this blackberry cobbler recipe over the long weekend!
While you and your family enjoy the Labor Day weekend, tuck into this delicious blackberry cobbler pie that is sure to please them all! While waving goodbye to summer, you can enjoy a taster into the seasonal blackberries.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup boiling water just until mixture is evenly moist.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water. Mix in remaining 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and blackberries. Transfer to a cast iron skillet, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Drop dough into the skillet by spoonfuls. Place skillet on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until dough is golden brown.
Enjoy this tasty dessert over your long weekend, and be sure to contact Brighton Escrow for all of your escrow needs to assist you in your home buying process! We hope that you and your family have a safe and happy holiday!