October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
October doesn’t just mark the month in which we celebrate Halloween; it’s also Breast Cancer Awareness Month. During this month, we all have the opportunity to heighten public consciousness of breast cancer and all that people can do to prevent it. Specifically, Breast Cancer Awareness Month got its start promoting mammograms to give women the advantage of early detection.
30 years after this month first began being observed, there are a number of different ways to commemorate it. Get involved in Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October by using one more more of these ideas!
- Learn how to perform a breast self-exam. There are a number of great breast self-exam resources available that can show you how to detect any signs of trouble in your own body early on. While you’re at it, put a monthly reminder in your calendar to perform this exam.
- Find out about your family’s cancer history, and share it with your siblings and your children so they can all be informed of their risk.
- Get moving! Using your lunch break for a brisk walk is a great way to start introducing healthy exercise habits into your day.
- Look for ways to work more fruit and veggies into your diet. Try to make more of your side dishes produce-based, blend a variety of produce into morning smoothies, or just grab an apple when you’re on the go!
- Help your body stay healthy by quitting smoking and moderating your alcohol consumption. This can be easier if you find a friend to tackle these vices with you!
Do you have another idea for celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October? Let us know in the comments! Also, don’t forget to contact Brighton Escrow for all of your escrow needs in Hermosa Beach and the neighboring California cities.