The holiday season is prime-time for accidents, so steer clear and keep safe!
Thanksgiving day is a time for giving thanks, spending quality time with family and friends, and enjoying a delicious home cooked meal! This is truly a festive and enjoyable time! However, for the host, the days leading up to Thanksgiving can be stressful. There are many things to prepare and cook, all within a matter of time.
So, don’t let the cooking overshadow the need for safety. Thanksgiving Day presents a huge threat to your home if safety procedures while cooking get dismissed or out of hand. House fires are unfortunately the worst disaster and threat to families across the nation, because flames can engulf and destroy property, belongings, and more in minutes.
If you are cooking this Thanksgiving, be sure to review these safety tips to avoid a fire disaster!
- Never leave the kitchen unattended when the cooker or oven are on.
- Cooks – Avoid wearing loose clothing or dangling sleeves that could quickly catch fire.
- Keep the children away from the kitchen and any hot liquids or plates.
- Store items that can catch fire (pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils) away from the stove and oven.
- Clean cooking surfaces regularly throughout the day to avoid grease buildup.
- Purchase a fire extinguisher to keep in the kitchen.
- Always check the kitchen before going to bed or leaving home.
- Install smoke alarms near the kitchen, on each level of the home, and near sleeping areas. Use the test button to check it each month!
- Avoid frying your turkey – Turkey fryers are a huge burn and fire hazard.
Taking the proper safety measures allows your home to remain full of family and festivities rather than fire and smoke on this day.
If you are itching to make a home move or sell up soon, contact Brighton Escrow for expertise in the escrow industry. We serve Hermosa Beach and the neighboring cities within California with professional escrow services to ensure your home goals are met!