Whip up these healthy Halloween snacks for your kids.
If it was up to your kids, then they would probably only eat candy this Halloween. However, you know that this is neither healthy or safe. The best way to encourage your kids to eat well this Halloween is by preparing some fun and festive treats. Here are some of the recipes you should try out.
- 1 string cheese
- 1 (1-inch) slice of bread
- 2 black beans
- Yogurt, for tiny dots
- Marinara sauce, for serving (optional)
- Using a knife, cut each end of the string cheese into fourths (to make 8 total legs for your spider), leaving about a 1-inch section that’s not cut in the middle of the string cheese to hold it together.
- Wrap the bread slice around the middle section.
- Make small indents in the bread where you want the eyes to go and push black beans in gently. (You can use some yogurt as glue to help them stick.)
- Use a toothpick to add a small dot of yogurt to each black bean to make the whites of the spider’s eyes.
- Serve spiders alone or with warmed marinara sauce for dipping as a pizza-like snack.
- 4 large fresh bananas — not overly ripe, or the bananas may be too soft
- 1 cup nonfat Greek vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips — for eyes
- 16 popsicle sticks
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Peel 2 bananas and slice each in half, cross-wise. Slice each half in half again the “long” way, so that you have 4 long, narrow pieces total.
- Carefully insert a popsicle stick into the bottom of each, then place on the baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the freezer until banana pops are frozen, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt and powdered sugar. Once the bananas are frozen, dip them into the yogurt mixture, then return them to the lined baking sheet.
- Place 2 mini chocolate chips on each of the ghosts for the eyes. Return to the freezer for at least 1 hour to allow the yogurt to set.
Serve up these cute snacks for a healthier way to celebrate this Halloween. Are you looking to buy or sell this holiday? If so, then contact the experts at Brighton Escrow. Serving the Hermosa Beach area, we are ready to offer you the top-tier escrow service you deserve.