Try out these holiday safety tips this year.
With the holidays nearly upon us, we at Brighton Escrow would like to wish all of our former, current, and prospective clients a very happy and safe season. In order to protect the people and things you love most this season, we encourage you to try out these essential safety tips.
- Do not leave your oven or stove unattended while it is in use.
- Avoid using real candles to decorate your home. Using flameless alternatives will reduce your home’s fire risk significantly.
- Be careful when decorating your home with holiday plants. Many festive plants, such as mistletoe, holly, and poinsettia flowers are actually toxic when consumed by pets or children.
- If you are traveling for the holidays, hire a house sitter or invest in a home security system. This will reduce the chances of a home invasion while you are away.
- Before setting out on your holiday road trip, make sure that you have your car professionally inspected. This will reduce the chances of breaking down in the midst of your journey.
- Check the weather conditions that you will encounter on your drive and make sure that your car is equipped to handle these challenges. For instance, if you will encounter snow, make sure your car is equipped with winter tires and heavy-duty windshield wipers.
- Have a backup plan in the event that you get delayed on your drive. For instance, know where you can stay for the night if your drive ends up taking longer than anticipated. Do not attempt to drive if you are feeling fatigued; this puts yourself and everyone else on the road at risk.
These are some of the safety tips that you should keep in mind this holiday season. If you are looking for assistance with your home buying or selling process this holiday season, turn to us at Brighton Escrow. We are ready to offer you the top-tier escrow services that you deserve. Serving the Hermosa Beach area, contact us to get started today.