This tasty dessert recipe is the perfect way to end this St. Patrick’s Day.
St. Patrick’s Day is coming up soon! While you may already have plans to wear your best green outfit and hide four-leaf clovers for your kids to find, you may want to get into the holiday spirit a little more. For a perfect way to sweeten up your celebration, serve up this delicious and festive dessert recipe.
Andes Chocolate Cake
(for the cake)
- 1 (16-oz.) box devil’s food cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 cup Andes mints, plus more for garnish
(for the chocolate ganache)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
(for the mint buttercream)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
- 6 drops green gel food coloring
- Bake two 9-inch round layers of chocolate cake according to box instructions. Let cool completely.
- Make ganache: In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to a simmer until tiny bubbles form around the edges. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips, whisking until combined. Let mixture cool until it reaches a spreadable consistency, at least 30 minutes, before frosting cake.
- Meanwhile, make buttercream: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter, powdered sugar, and peppermint extract until light and fluffy. Add cream and green food coloring and stir until evenly combined.
- Top first cake layer with buttercream, then place the second cake layer on top of it.
- Top with ganache. You can either leave the sides of the cake naked or frost all of the sides with ganache.
- Decorate with Andes mints.
This St. Patrick’s Day cake is sure to be a showstopper! Are you looking to buy or sell this March? Then contact the experts at Brighton Escrow. Serving the Hermosa Beach area, we are ready to offer you the top-tier escrow service you deserve.