Buying a new home can be stressful! As the close on your new home approaches, you’ll find that you have a lot to do to get ready. This checklist will help you get ready to move out of your old home and move into your new home.
- Coordinate with your lender. You’ll find you have many documents to send to your lender, so you can lock in that interest rate and get a mortgage that’s right for you.
- Find a moving company. Contact several companies and compare quotes. This way, you can get the most competitive deal possible.
- Arrange for an inspection of your new property. Remember, this needs to be done before the deal closes.
- Switch utilities and update your address with subscriptions. Anyone who sends you a monthly bill will need to know your new address. Don’t forget to switch your insurance to your new property!
- Arrange for a final walk through before the closing. Coordinate with your realtor to check the home one last time before you get the key.
- Arrange for the sale of your current home. If you’re selling your current home, you’ll need to coordinate with your real estate agent, arrange for open houses and find an escrow company you can trust. If you’re looking for a reputable company in the Hermosa Beach area, contact Brighton Escrow, serving homeowners in California since 1971.