A Quick Guide To Homeownership
The home buying process can feel a bit overwhelming. While there are a few factors that will vary with your unique real estate transaction, here are the basic steps of buying a home so you can best be prepared.
- Get Your Team: Fortunately, you do not need to go through the home buying process alone. Before you set off, interview real estate agents and mortgage lenders so you can get the right experts on your side.
- Get Preapproved: So you can have the clearest idea of how much house you can afford, get preapproved for your mortgage. This will also make finalizing the purchase easier when you do find your home.
- Get Shopping: Your real estate agent will be able to take you to homes that meet your criteria. Start shopping and get an idea of what is available before choosing your next home.
- Get An Offer: When you find your dream home, make an offer and negotiate as necessary to agree on a price. Once you do, put down your earnest money to show the seller you are serious.
- Get An Escrow Account: Open your escrow account so that the funds can be transferred between you and the seller by a neutral third party (your escrow officer).
- Get The Home Appraised: Have a professional show that the home is as valuable as the seller has said. This appraisal will matter for your lender, too.
- Get Insured: Take out a homeowners insurance policy on your new home.
- Get The House Inspected: So you do not buy a home with issues you did not anticipate, have a professional inspect the house.
- Get The Paperwork Signed: Sign your loan and escrow documents. You will need a valid picture ID when you go to your signing.
- Get Closed: Pay the amount due into your escrow account and pay your closing costs (including title fees, lender fees, and more). You will need to record your property deed in the public records.
- Get Your Keys!
To get the expert escrow services you need to ensuring closing escrow is a breeze, contact Brighton Escrow in Hermosa Beach, California.