Enjoy the sun safely with these tips!
The sun is out, and temperatures are rising. Enjoy trips to the beach and days by the pool. As you get ready to enjoy the summer weather, don’t forget the sunscreen. The sun emits powerful ultraviolet (UV) rays that can be damaging to our bodies. Ensure that you’re ready for fun in the sun, and check out these ways to enjoy your fun safely.
- Wear lots of sunscreen. The sun protection factor (SPF) in sunscreen helps to lessen the effects of UV light on your skin. It helps to prevent sunburn, premature aging, and lessen your risk for skin cancer. Make sure to look for a brand with at least SPF 30 and ‘Broad Spectrum’ coverage.
- Reapply sunblock. As you go about your day, you sweat, you may even take a dip in the pool. This decreases the effectivity of the sunscreen. Ensure that you reapply your sunscreen every couple hours for maximum sun protection.
- Wear sunglasses. UV rays aren’t just damaging to your skin; they’re also damaging to your eyes. Whenever you’re outside, wear sunglasses with UV protection. They’ll help to keep your eyes protected, so your vision stays perfect.
- Know the signs of heat-related illness. Heat stroke, heat exhaustion, and even heat rash are all medical issues that are caused by too much time in the sun. Know what the signs of all heat-related illnesses are so that you can get medical attention if it’s needed.
- Stay hydrated. When it’s hot out, you need to drink lots of water. It helps to replenish your body so that you’re better able to withstand the heat.
Enjoy the summer months in a new home, but don’t forget to protect yourself from the sun. If you’re in the process of looking for a new home, make sure you have experts on your side. To get dedicated service paired with top-tier escrow services when closing an escrow deal, contact Brighton Escrow. Our Hermosa Beach, California team is committed to helping you make the most of your escrow process.