When trying to sell your home, staging can be the single most important thing you can do to sell your home quickly and for top dollar. The proper staging of your home will enhance your home’s features and will invoke emotional connections with your potential buyers.
Here are some home staging tips that will help you stage your home properly to get the most bang for your buck.
1. De-clutter and box up everything you don’t absolutely have to have in the short-term. You can rent a small storage or ask a friend if you can temporarily store your things in their garage. Removing all unnecessary items will make your home look bigger and will allow you to stage your home in a way that will attract buyers.
2. Take a closer look at your decor. We realize you probably love your bear-skin rug and it may match your current decor; however, your personal style could distract from the look of your home. In addition, it could turn off the majority of buyers. You should de-personalize everything. Paint with neutral colors and stick with fresh, contemporary decor.
3. Use accessories to make your home look bigger and more appealing. The proper use of mirrors will give your home an extra lift. Some nice decorative throw pillows and a few items that will add a splash of color to your neutral backdrop are also a nice touch.
4. Focus on the details. Sometimes it’s the little things that make a lasting impression in a buyer’s mind. You can add some quality hand towels in the kitchen and bathroom. Setting your dining room table with nice linens and upscale table settings will give your home the feel of luxury. Add a nice breakfast tray on the bed and some decorative books to the coffee table, etc.
5. Move everything off your kitchen and bathroom countertops. That means everything. All small appliances, paper towel holders, soap dispensers, etc. However, you’ll want to strategically place a few small items around to draw in the eye of the buyer. Some gourmet cookbooks displayed in the corner, a tea kettle on the stove and a nicely displayed serving tray with refreshments are a nice touch. For the bathroom you can add a nice vase of freshly cut flowers or some decorative candles and soaps, etc. But keep it minimal. Your goal is to make your kitchen and bathroom look bigger and to make it easy for your buyers to envision themselves living there.
Talk to your realtor about how to effectively stage your home for a quick sale. Your realtor will be able to assist you with the entire selling process from start to finish including how properly stage your home.
If you are in need of a reputable escrow service in the Los Angeles or Southern California area, please contact us. Brighton Escrow in Hermosa Beach, CA is a full service, independent, bonded and licensed escrow company and we have been serving the great people of South Bay with all their escrow needs since 1971.