It’s the time of year where most of us resolve to take better care of ourselves. With New Year’s Eve around the corner, we say that we will read more, take more time for ourselves, eat better, learn a new language, etc. While you are working on your list for self-improvement, consider turning some of that energy on your home or home buying plans. Here are some resolutions present and future homeowners should implement in 2015.
For Current Homeowners:
- If you are working on your budget for the new year, look into putting a little extra towards your mortgage payment. You will not only shorten the length of your mortgage, but you will also save yourself thousands of dollars in interest.
- Take a walk through your home. Are there any pressing maintenance issues you have been putting off? Deal with them now. If you have energy left over, put it towards keeping up your home or undertake a small renovation.
- To save some green this year, go green. Cutting energy will also help you cut costs, so opt for those LED bulbs and energy-efficient appliances.
For Future Homeowners:
- You can get a free credit score from Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion once a year. Take advantage of it to check the health of your credit.
- Get in the know by contacting local real estate agents and mortgage lenders. Do your homework on the local real estate market and economic climate so you can be prepared when you are ready to buy.
When you are ready to purchase your home, make sure your escrow services are flawlessly executed by contacting Brighton Escrow in Hermosa Beach, California. Our team of dedicated officers is here to see to all of your escrow needs. Call us today!