Searching for a new home can be both time consuming and overwhelming! When you finally locate the perfect property, you place an offer, and hope for the best! Once your offer is accepted, you can begin to close escrow, and secure your home for good! Here at Brighton Escrow, we want you to feel as relaxed as possible during the closing escrow process. Therefore, we have compiled a list of five key tasks you should complete in order to close escrow properly, and ease your mind:
- Change the locks in your home! Nothing should be more important than your family’s safety. If you fail to re-key your home, you are potentially allowing anyone who has ever been in your home to return if they please. Do not take that chance! Re-keying is a quick, and easy fix that will help your loved ones to remain safe.
- Save the phone number of the home warranty company in your mobile device. If something were to go wrong in your home, these individuals should be the first people you call!
- Determine which day is the 345th day after escrow, and pencil it into your calendar. On this day, you should inspect your home to see if any repairs can, or need to be made. This will give you a few weeks before your 1-year home warranty expires to have them serviced.
- Locate the contact information of a quality termite company, and save their phone number in your cell phone. Give them a call before the 345th day of escrow if any of your woodwork needs repair.
- If your home did need attention for termites, you should contact the company again on the 700th day after escrow to schedule a re-inspection. There is a 2-year warranty that will still be relevant if your home was previously tented during escrow.
For additional information regarding the escrow process, please do not hesitate to contact the experts at Brighton Escrow, located in Hermosa Beach!