Reduce your effect on the environment with these tips!
The constantly changing environment requires us to adapt and become more environmentally active and aware. This can include incorporating green systems into your home. This is a win-win situation because not only does it provide benefits to the environment, it also helps to save you money on energy bills!
Luckily, reducing your home’s pollution of emissions is easier than you think! Read below for some effective ways you can go green in your day-to-day life:
When Building Your Home:
- Never build your home facing west as this minimizes sun exposure and can keep the house cold.
- Keep the house small so it is easy and cost-effective to heat or cool your home.
- Only install energy efficient equipment.
- Insulate your home properly as this will help to reduce your building’s heat loss.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle materials and products!
- Use LED light bulbs to save energy.
Add Green into Your Existing Household:
- Turn off all lights and appliances when you aren’t using them.
- Unplug those appliances you aren’t using as plugged in items are still eating away at potentially saved energy.
- Reuse plastics for food storage.
- Recycle bottles, cans, cardboard, plastic, and paper.
- Take a shorter shower.
- Create a family energy plan that everyone can implement in their daily routine.
- Play board games with the family instead of watching the TV.
Utilize these tips to save the environment and your wallet!
So that you can get your home green and start saving, contact Brighton Escrow for all of your escrow services! Our experts can serve you whether you’re selling or buying a home in Hermosa Beach or any of the neighboring California cities. Contact us today to get started!